Saturday 13 January 2007

Hedera Horrors

Argh! My second Hedera is driving me mad! I should point out that I love this pattern, it's interesting to knit with each round different and it's so pretty knit up, but for some reason at the moment I can't seem to keep my mind on the pattern.

I should have finished the pair last night, but just at the end of the gusset decreases I noticed an error I'd made in the pattern right at the start of the gusset decreases. I sat examining it for about 10 mins while I did battle with myself....'no one would ever notice it'....'but I know it's there'...
In the end I couldn't bring myself to leave it, especially as I'm not keeping them but passing them on to my brother's fiancee, so a-frogging I did go. After ripping it back, I set the knitting aside for the night, deciding it would be better to come back to it fresh today. And indeed that seem to work, for this afternoon I picked it back up and was progressing merrily...or so I thought.

Just as I finished the last pattern repeat before the toe I realised I'd made the exact same mistake, but thankfully not so far back this time. I'm frogging again people...at least this time I only need to take it back one pattern repeat, and then I can finish it. I'm determined that it will be completed tonight!

1 comment:

gilraen said...

I admire you for even trying. I haven't even had the courage to try a single sock, no matter how simple, yet. I'm sure you will get there eventually, keep trying :)