Monday 22 January 2007

Frog Princess

That's me! I'm about to start frogging something I've work hard on and thought I was making great progress with (sob!). I promised my sister a pair of knee high socks. I promised her I'd come up with a design of my own (not the basic sock anatomy you understand, just the actual pattern). I spent ages working out lacy patterns. One had too many stitches to fit in with the sock pattern. One didn't have enough. One didn't just look quite right. Try as I might, I just couldn't find a way to put into stitches the fabulous sock I could see in my head. Finally I came up with a very simple 2 row pattern that approximated what I was trying to do, and more importantly, my little sis loved it. So I steamed ahead and was halfway up the leg when she came back for another visit. Tragedy! It seems I'd done my calculations wrong and I didn't have enough stitches on to begin with...it's not going to fit and so the frogging must begin. Here is a pic of it in it's pre-frogged state..not a great pic mind you. *Makes mental note to brush up on photography skills*.

3 comments:

gilraen said...

I haven't even done one sock yet, but I noticed your predicament. Only this morning I saw a post with lengthy explanations on knee length socks.
http://www.keyboardbiologist.net/knitblog/

I hope you don't think I'm interfering and good luck. :)

Magenta said...

I don't think you're interfering at all gilraen...thanks for that it's a brilliant link! :)

Anonymous said...

Well said.