Wednesday 10 January 2007

Dirty Stopout!



This is my baby. Since we moved house last year she's taken to periodically staying out overnight. I know that this is normal for cats, but it's something she'd never done before. She's also getting old...almost fourteen now, so when she does decide to have a night on the tiles it always freaks me out a little in case this time she's gone for good. She decided not to come home last night and I lay in bed awake for most of the night listening to the wind and the rain and wondering where on earth she'd got to and hoping that wherever it was, she was warm and dry. The reprobate was probably curled up in front of someone's fire enjoying smoked salmon while I lay there fretting. And yet I wonder....she certainly came in like a shot when I called her this morning. Currently she is purring like a motorbike and tucking into some food, but I bet it won't be long before she's going crazy to get out again.

It's hard to be the mother of a teenage girl....

No comments: