Tuesday 1 January 2008

Seaweed Scarf


Well in keeping with my resolution I thought I'd make a couple of posts and show off my current WIP's. I'm knitting this seaweed scarf from 'Simply Knitting' for my mum. I'm loving the way it's turning out and the yarn (rowan scottish tweed 4ply) is, in my opinion, a thing of great beauty. I fell in love with it on the website and it's even more loveable in real life. It's a very slow knit though, I expected it to knit up a lot quicker than it is. This is it, about one third completed.


5 comments:

Barbara deG said...

I was happy to find this photo on the net so I could show folks what I am planning to make. Here in the US we don't have the magazine Knitting.
Here's my post - I don't have a lot on my blog - mostly use it for linking to Ravelry.com.
http://cocosmami.blogspot.com/

Barbara

tichat said...

hi!
Would you mind explian how you did that ..Don't hae any "knitty" here

tichat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
tichat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Barbara deG said...

The pattern for this scarf was in the British magazine "Knitting". It isn't widely available in the U.S. though some Borders bookstores carry it.