Sunday 6 January 2008

I'm Back!!

Well we had a wonderful weekend in London. At first we didn't even know if we were going to get there. Heavy snow here in Northern Ireland on Thursday evening (more or less unexpected too) meant that I spent a very depressing morning on Friday listening to repeated news reports on the radio that all flights in and out and Belfast City Airport had been cancelled, and watching the airport's website to see if there was any news.

In fact very few flights were cancelled, but there were lots of delays. We were due to fly out at 4.40pm and were assured at check-in that our flight would be leaving on time. We didn't get into the air until 7pm, but we were luckier than some. I bumped into an acquaintance at the airport whose flight had been delayed since 2pm and still no news as to when it would take off as we were being called to board. By the time we reached our hotel (and by hotel I mean Travelodge) the kitchens had been closed for the night and naturally I was very hungry, not having been able to eat all day, so we dropped off our things and went in search of some sustenance. Managed to find a kebab shop open and ate our fill before returning to our room and falling into bed, only to roll out of it what felt like five minutes later to start our very busy Saturday!

More about that tomorrow though...or maybe the next day. Right now I need to curl up in bed and catch up on some rest. Who wants to join me in my campaign to have an extra day added to the weekend?

No comments: